Y’all, I’m so excited! My blog was nominated for an award! How did this happen to ME? I feel like a celebrity saying, “It’s an honor to be nominated,” but it really is, especially this short time in my blogging career. The most amazing thing about the nomination is it comes from a fellow blogger, The Plentiful Cup… she is such an amazing blogger. Her blog is real, raw, honest and she encourages other women to be who they are and to accept themselves. She is bringing more awareness to mental illness, especially PPD. I love how open and honest she is. You should check out her blog.
I started blogging because I wanted and needed something for me. I had been putting ME off. It had been on my heart for years but I never took the next step. It’s easier for me to express myself through writing than speaking. I love blogging about our trips and sharing my own travel photos. Blogging is how my passion and purpose come together. It led me to become a travel agent. I love helping people plan their vacations. I blog about many things, travel, inspirational, motivational, my life/family, whatever the Lord lays on my heart at the time. I’ve met so many people from all around the world, which wouldn’t have happened without blogging. The name of my blog describes me well, I am a Southern, Simple, Blessed woman. I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy sharing it with you.
The award I’m nominated for is the LIEBSTER AWARD. It started in 2011 and is an online award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. I am so excited, honored and privileged that out of thousands (or more) of bloggers around the world that I was chosen. The winner will be announced at the end of the year. Thank you so much The Plentiful Cup for the nomination.
Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcomed. It’s so special to me that someone thought of that when they read my blog.
Along with this nomination I have to tell 10 random things about myself, answer questions, nominate others and give them questions to answer.
10 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m married to my high school sweetheart for 31 years. Young love can work. I married at 17. More in love now than ever.
2. I have 2 sons and 6 grandchildren.
3. I had a licensed home childcare for 19 years.
4. I’m a cruise addict
5. I love summer
6. I can be a girly girl but I am also a sports fan. Houston Astros & Dallas Cowboys…WOOHOO
7. I’m a planner and have to make myself be spontaneous at times.
8. I’m OCD about SOME things but not ALL things.
9. I make my bed every day first thing in the morning.
10. I love being outside.
QUESTIONS FROM THE BLOGGER THAT NOMINATED ME
1. If you were a type of weather what type of weather would you be and why?
I would be sun mixed with clouds. I can be bright, shiny, warm, a hot mess and I can be cloudy with a possibility of showers, tears. But I’ve learned that those tears water my grass, and grow me.
2. How would you describe yourself? Now ask someone else to describe you? Are the answers similar or different? If they are different why do you think that is?
I am a Christian, family person, loyal, sincere, honest, a peacemaker, over thinker and a worrier. I ask my husband to describe me and he said determined, dependable and beautiful. I’ll take it. 😊
3. Are you comfortable with the person you are currently? Why or why not?
It took me a long time, but finally, at 40, I become comfortable with who I am. I decided it was time to stop worrying about others opinions of me and live my life in freedom. But there are still things that I’m working on like perfectionism, not looking at my physical flaws and my own insecurity.
4. What did you Google last?
The Galveston cruise cam because my son and daughter-in-law were leaving on a cruise.
5. What was the most awkward conversation you have overheard?
I don’t know about the most awkward conversation that I’ve heard, but it’s very awkward to be in a public restroom and to hear someone on a cell phone having a conversation in the stall next to you.
6. You can eat 1 thing for the rest of your life, what is it?
Tex-Mex (Texan-Mexican food)
7. What has changed about you since you started blogging?
I have become a travel agent through my traveling/cruising blogs. I have become more vulnerable which is hard for me. I’ve also become more confident in myself.
8. Which actor/actress would play you in a movie about your life?
9. If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be? Why? What would you eat?
My Granny, before dementia. She was so full of wisdom and love. A lot of times we don’t appreciate what we have until it’s gone. I would soak up every minute. We would have whatever she wanted to cook, which would probably be a baked ham, pinto beans, cornbread and sweet tea.
10. What have you seen that you wish you could un-see?
I will never forget, I was watching “Live with Regis & Kelly” and the news cut in with an airplane hitting the twin towers, LIVE. (9/11/01)
11. What would 2008 think about your answers to these questions?
That I’m stronger, braver and more courageous.
Now, I have the pleasure of nominating 10 bloggers.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
1. If you could go back and tell your 18-year-old self one thing, what would it be?
2. If you could wake up anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be and why?
3. Do you have a favorite place or thing you do to unwind, if so where and what?
4. Which one would you choose A) 8 hours of sleep per night? B) a self-cleaning house C)Your kids never fight with each other or complain D) someone to run all of your errands
5. Which color would best describe you and why?
6. If money wasn’t a problem what would you do?
7. Early Riser or night owl or as I like to say sun-riser or sun-setter?
8. Imagine your 90, what memories do you want to have?
9. What do you want people to remember you for?
10. What habit would you most like to break and what habit would you like to start?
11. What excites you and scares you at the same time?
To learn more about the Liebster Award click here
Again, thank you The Plentiful Cup for the nomination. I’m truly honored.
Enjoying the simple life,